Possible Complications of X-STOP Surgery
Spinal surgery is not without risk.
Specific information on the rates of complications for the X-STOP® IPD® System and spinal surgery should be discussed with your doctor.
Complications of spinal surgery that may be associated with X-STOP surgery include, but are
not limited to the following:
- implant dislodgement (movement out of place)
- implant not positioned correctly
- fracture of the spinous process
- foreign body reaction (ex. allergic reaction)
- additional surgery, which could include removal of the X-STOP implant
- mechanical failure of the implant.
Complications related to any type of surgery may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- reactions to anesthesia
- heart attack
- infection, which could require medication or an operation
- blood vessel damage/bleeding
- bruising (hematoma)
- blood clots
- wound closure problems
- spinal cord or nerve damage
- pain or discomfort
Please consult your doctor about the complication rates related to surgery.
©2005 St. Francis Medical Technologies, Inc.